Monday, August 11, 2014

Stormy Days

There are times when no one else knows the depth of pain, discomfort, and emptiness that we feel inside.  At times the path seems so lonely and it can be so long.  Having a firm grip on troubling circumstances sure feels comforting and yet contrary to what God wants us to experience.  I believe with all my heart that God wants to bring a calm assurance to us and that regardless of the storm in our lives He will provide the grace to see us through.  The longer I live and grow in Christ, the more I understand that my wanting to be in control robs God of being the One He wants to be to us.  He wants to be our strength, joy, confidence, rock, shield, and deliverer in the very time of need.  My limited grip of the circumstances can not compare to resting in the palm of His hand.  Why would I be so foolish to desire any other security in this life?

I was just reading Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  At times, all I can see is the storm and the crashing waves when I need to see God!  The more I understand Him and His ways through Scripture the more I wonder why I ever wanted a good grip on the circumstances myself.  The greatest blessings come to those who are walking with God and trusting Him in difficult times.  There is a peace that comes in the midst of the most troubling storms of life that we can not explain.  Jesus Christ wants you to have peace and confidence in Him today.  Might we consider transferring our grip to His full control?

Enjoy walking in the confidence that He brings!

Pastor Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment