Monday, October 6, 2014

Learning to Just Wait on God

One of the hardest things in my life is learning to wait!!!!  I really do not like lines.  To let go of what we could never control in the first place is a great step of wisdom and Christian maturity. Letting go demonstrates a great trust in God's ability and in His sovereign hand.  It accepts His plans as being better than what we could ever desire.  I'm saddened to say that too often my greatest comfort comes when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and when I have a firm grip on my present circumstances.  Many times I've hung on to things that I wish I would have never clung to.  Looking at a clock and knowing that there is an end to what I'm going through can sustain me at times, but what if God did not have an end in mind.  What if His answer for me was to wait a little longer because it was best for me?  Could I still trust Him to be God and in control?  Learning to trust the character of God for who He says He is and for what he says He can do brings a supernatural peace that passes ALL understanding.  

As I pray today in my prayer journal for churches and leaders around the country I'm reminded of Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Great things begin to happen when we wait and petition the Father for His best for us all!  Spending time alone with the Father forces believers to examine where they stand before Him--I always need this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment