Friday, August 19, 2016

In Times of Uncertainty

Every person has times of uncertainty and nobody can plan on when those times will come.  It is during those moments that we can sit perplexed and even confused because there appear to be no good options.  At times, I believe the only answer is to sit still and listen to the voice of God and to lean upon His promises. Christians are blessed with the true Comforter (called the Holy Spirit of God) who is always at work within us.  It is the reason that Christ told His disciples that he needed to leave--in order that the Comforter would come and the Comforter would do amazing works within them.  Sadly enough, we often exchange and forfeit the comfort that God provides over something that is meaningless and provides no measure of hope at all.  We can seek comfort in things that God never intended and they are always short lived. 

Consider these 10 verses in times of uncertain: 
  1. Philippians 4:6-7,  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
  2. 1 Peter 5:7, " Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
  3.  Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
  4. Psalm 55:22, "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."
  5. Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."
  6. John 14:26, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."
  7. Proverbs 3:24-26, "If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught."
  8. Psalm 91:1-2, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
  9. Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” 
  10. Psalm 62:6, "He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken."
Write one of these verses down and claim God's promises today!  Let's rest in the fact that God loves us the most and is in control of all our situations--even when we don't know the next move.


No comments:

Post a Comment