Thursday, July 12, 2018

Why Do I Feel So Empty Inside?


Feeling empty inside is a very difficult emotion to describe to others.  Feeling empty may not always come from being physically fatigued.  At times, it feels like a part of you is missing and you can’t seem to put your finger on it.  At times it can come through grieving the loss of a loved one or not feeling love in return by another person.  You can feel empty due to failing to reach a goal or by something not happening that you were looking forward to with great anticipation. 
At times, you can be looking for the wrong things to satisfy your thirsty soul.  You end up coming back to the wrong well that will never satisfy your soul.  Who could ever understand the hurt, the longings, and the desires of our hearts?  Christ knows each one of your heartaches as well as your deep longings.
No matter what your lack of fulfillment may be, God’s Word gives hope and promises that you can cling to in your darkest hour and weakest moment.
2 Corinthians 12:10, “That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Ephesians 3:16-19, “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
Philippians 1:9-11, “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”
Psalm 25:16-17, “Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.”



No comments:

Post a Comment