Thursday, July 16, 2015

When God Doesn't Come Through

There are many times in my life that I have not been very patient on the Lord (or with others).  As much as I want God's best and in His time, I can be found helping Him answer my prayers.  I'm thankful that He exposes this character flaw in my life because it mocks His character and I don't want to do that.

What am I to do when I don't hear back from God or receive the answer I want?  Because I did not hear "no" am I to pursue or should I wait to hear "yes"?  Should I just make the decision I want and then pray for Him to work out the ugly outcome?  I'm sure there are many times that I've ignored His answer because it did not gel with what my heart was wanting.  Am I really trusting in His ability, sufficiency, and knowledge of what is best?  Who am I really concerned about glorifying?  Him or me?

I know that the right answer is to view all of life through the lens of God's Word and not through my own creative thinking.  God is faithful, just, and His character is perfect.  I know this and I love the promises in His Word to me.  I need to trust Him more for His best in my life.  I DO NOT want to waver but trust His great name to be my shelter and my supply.  Pushing and shoving to get my way in this short life in order to satisfy my longing is not Biblical thinking but trusting in the Lord Jehovah to supply my every need is.

"God, may I be patient for your best and trust You enough to release the grip that I think I have on my little life at times.  You are FAITHFUL in all that you say.  I love you Lord."

*Take time to read through Genesis 15-18.



No comments:

Post a Comment