Thursday, August 27, 2015

God’s Vision for Maywood


God has been gracious to me in allowing me to complete almost eleven years of ministry at Maywood.  It has been a joy to have all of my years invested in the same church and I’m so thankful to have so many people that I call dear friends.  I have labored in the trenches with many dynamic workers that have helped make my work much easier—THANK YOU for your love for Christ and for being an encourager to me and to so many others. 
When I think about God’s expectations of His church and what we are to be devoting ourselves towards I believe that God is concerned about His glory being made known to the world.  Christ was very clear that the ENTIRE church (you and me) be involved in His work by making disciples—but what does that mean?  It means that ALL Christians at Maywood must be actively sharing the Gospel and we should be consumed by that task.  Part of that process also means helping people grow in Christ.  Both sharing the Gospel and discipling others is required of all Christians. (Matthew 28:19-20)
As with any company, we MUST know why we exist.  Does our company exist to make bicycles or boats?  Just being busy with fun and good things does not mean that we are on track with God and His expectations for His church.  As a church, we will remain rooted in the Word of God, driven by the Gospel of Christ, and all for the Glory of God.  I desire our church to be a threat to Satan because we are entering his domain (this world) and delivering the saving message of the Gospel that can snatch them from him.  The pastors and leadership of Maywood are doing all we can to steer the church in a Biblical way and to reach our community with the Gospel.  This means that we will have a very strong “outward focus” to reach our neighbors for Him and to then grow them for Christ.
My hope is that everyone would know why we exist at Maywood.  In a nutshell, we are BECOMING A PEOPLE TO REACH PEOPLE FOR CHRIST.
Please don’t miss this Sunday as we have a great time talking about the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment