Thursday, September 1, 2016

Finding Peace Amidst the Storm

Many times, the storms in my life move upon me rather quickly, while I'm enjoying some of the best of life.  My natural thought is often, "how long will I  have to endure this situation" and not necessarily how will I make it through or how will God glorify Himself through this storm.  I've watched friends and family members deal with hardships that I would never wish on anyone else.  I'm truly thankful that my anchor holds firm in Jesus Christ and that He truly provides confidence and hope for the future. Let's rest in Him.

Take some time to meditate and pray these 10 verses concerning PEACE from Scripture.  May you find your hope and strength in Jesus Christ today.

  1. Colossians 3:15, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."
  2. Galatians 5:22-23b, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
  3. Hebrews 12:14, "Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."
  4. 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
  5. Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
  6. Proverbs 16:7, "When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them."
  7. Psalm 29:11, "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."
  8. Psalm 119:165, "Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
  9. Isaiah 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."
  10. Matthew 11:28-30,  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”



No comments:

Post a Comment