Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Trusting God in Deep Waters

Does our faith in God have borders?  I'm not sure that I know a Christian that would claim that they don't trust God.  However, most of us will trust God when it makes complete sense to ourselves.  We often like it when our experience tells us that we are safe to trust Him--but is that really trusting God or is that living safely within borders that we have established?

Many times God calls us to step out, sacrifice, and trust Him in ways and times that are not convenient for us.  His call upon our lives may not fit our personal, current-life dynamics.  Could we honestly look Christ in the face and tell Him that we would follow Him anywhere, speak of Him to anyone, and do whatever He wants us to do?

I believe that we as Christians fail to understand what complete and immediate obedience truly looks like.  Sometimes we even try to negotiate with God.  We have listened to the lies and voices of doubt way to long.  The greatest blessings and satisfaction in this life come when we walk by faith into the the things that Christ has called us to do.  Pray for the grace to trust God more in order to follow Him into the deep waters of obedience and blessings.  Take the time to read Luke 5:1-11 in preparation for Sunday's message.

I love the following song called~~ Oceans.  Listen to it on You Tube and read  some of the Lyrics carefully.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw

"You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now"

No comments:

Post a Comment