Thursday, February 22, 2018

Your Love Never Fails & It Never Gives Up on Me


There are times in our lives when the trials seem to be more than we can bear and it is during those times that we just sit and rest in the character of our God and His promises.  We know that His promises are sure and that His love is constant even when we cannot connect the dots.  God's Spirit has a way of ministering to our spirit through the power and comfort of His Word.
Here are some Bible verses that I have come to cling to and rest upon as God has brought me through difficult days. Take the time to write some of them down and underline them in your own Bibles.  Pray these verses to God and may you find comfort in the arms of the Holy One.
Jesus is speaking in John 10:27-30, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
The Psalmist declares in Psalm 36:5-7, "Your loving kindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; Your judgments are like a great deep. O LORD, You preserve man and beast.  How precious is Your loving kindness, O God!  And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."
Paul states in Romans 8:37-39, "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
1 Peter 5:6-7 encourages believers to, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
Lastly, we can stand strong because of God's character as seen in Psalm 3:2-6, "Many are saying of me, 'God will not deliver him.' But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.  I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side."
Find rest in His presence and His promises today.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment