Thursday, December 13, 2018

Feeling Empty


Emptiness is a difficult emotion to try to describe.  It is that feeling you have not just when you are tired, but when you have given it everything you’ve got and nothing seems to remain.  When you feel empty, it’s like a piece of your soul is missing.  Perhaps your heart aches because of a void by the one you love who didn’t return your love.  It may be due to plans that did not come to fruition.  It may even be due to the loss of a loved one that is no longer around. 
May I encourage you with a few verses from God’s Word:
2 Corinthians 12:10, “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
Isaiah 41:10,Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Psalm 28:7, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
John 4:13-14,   Jesus said to her, ‘Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.  The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.’”
Psalm 36:9,For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.”



No comments:

Post a Comment